With so many issues facing our world today, it is often challenging to find a starting point, a stable place where we can launch from and know that what we are doing is making a difference. So where is the best place to start?
Anywhere, really. Ultimately, no matter where you start, if you start working towards a civilization of Love, then you'll on your way already.
I am going to start with food systems and security. By food systems I am speaking of how we grow, where we get our food, how we transport it, etc. By food security I mean everyone having ample supply of healthy food regardless of location, season, political situation or income.
Why start with food? There are several reasons. One being: everyone eats, so everyone is affected by this topic. Another reason is that food issues span through such a wide variety of social, political, environmental and spiritual issues. In fact, food is at the core of many of these issues, whether it is obvious or not. By creating a sacred and loving relationship with our food and food systems, we can actually solve many of our core issues facing the globe right now!
Let's look briefly at all the areas that food touches, directly or indirectly:
- Economy, approximately 6.5% of Canada's total GDP is food related
- Health, our food choices, the abundance of food, the quality of food and additives within the food, the transportation methods, the growing methods all affect our health
- Welfare, our general welfare is affected by whether or not we have enough quality food
- Education, studies show that children who eat proper breakfasts do better in school, just one example of how food affects our education levels
- Global peace, many wars are caused by disagreements over food, land used for growing food, out of desperation because of lack of food, over oil to transport food to first world countries etc.
- Social issues, such as poverty, homelessness and hunger are all related to food
- Spiritual, many cultures have specific beliefs towards food and what food works for a specific spiritual path (eg: kosher, ayurvedic etc)
- Environment, growing, production, distribution and transportation methods all affect our environment
As you can see, food touches just about every aspect of life. It is the central hub of existence. I will be focusing in the coming posts on what an ideal food production system looks like, how it could function and policies that could be put into place in existing government.
I look forward to sharing with you and hearing other's ideas and visions as well.
Thank you for reading!
Welcome to the Civilization of Love!
You look around you and see smiling faces.
The news is full of joyous occasions being celebrated all over the world.
Children are honoured as our future; leaders make decisions based on the effects seen seven generations, or longer, from Now.
There is food and abundance for all!
Creativity is the main focus of human energy.
Diversity is cherished and nurtured!
The Earth is healthy; all species have space and opportunity to thrive.
Love: unconditional, eternal, all-consuming, blissful, surrounds and encompasses all things!
Sounds ideal? Maybe unrealistic to some.
I know it is possible.
Here is a testament to those possibilities. One woman: a mother, a teacher, a student and lover comes with her humble ideas. Possibilities flowing infinitely, seeding visions into our consciousness.
This is a place to come together in Love. This is a place to bring Love into the political spectrum, because we all know it is seriously lacking right now. This is a place to generate seeds of change, stemming from that Love, that are, ultimately, the policies of our future.
Welcome to you! I Encourage all beings to openly offer their ideas, from a place of Love. I encourage all beings to use any ideas proposed here, for furthering the expression of Love in their own lives, and the lives of their political leaders.
Blessings of Love to you!
Thank you for reading!
|<< <||> >>|
An exploration of environmental, social, political and spiritual solutions for the global challenges we face. A holistic approach to political governing, stemming from a place of Love for all beings.